Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party Problems

Dear Yachtie,
I don't have any friends....but my mom wants me to have a party and I don't have any one to invite...what should i do?


Dear Party Problems,
Thank you for writing, because Yachtie sees this problem every day! First, if you really don’t want to have a party you should tell your mom that, because she is an important support system. Yet, if you’ve been wanting to get out and be social, this could be the perfect opportunity. Falmouth High School is full of people that I’m sure would love to attend a small party, even if they don’t yet know you very well. You don’t need to have best friends to invite, you could invite a couple people you sit next to in class to study or work on something together and then watch a movie afterwards! I’d recommend staying confident and trusting yourself...that’s the best service you can give yourself! If you have trouble orchestrating things to do with people, I think volunteering is a great way to bond with new people, because you don’t have to worry about creating an activity to do together! You may be surprised how many folks would love to share an afternoon or evening with you. It can be as casual as you want, no need for a big bash. I’d suggest my favorite movie, finding Nemo. In fact, I have been in this position before, and I understand it could be scary and hard. Take a leap of faith, getting to know some of your classmates better may work out well!
Best of luck in ye party endeavors!
- Yachtie

No comments:

Post a Comment